Tuesday, January 12, 2010

First Blog Of The Year

Happy New Year 2010! Have made some changes to the blog template which looks more appropriate in terms of the theme and colour. This is my first blog of the year, have wanted to blog since last week but was tied up with errands to run for and the starting off for couple of new students. Also went for a getaway to Bali over the weekend for my birthday celebration, or rather, 2nd honeymoon, hehe.

So I'm back, and ready to continue the musical journey ;) I've got a few more new students coming in, 2 this month and 4 more next month. Thank God for His provision! As for now I'm having evening classes on weekdays, and more classes on Saturdays. Daytime is free, hence I utilize the time to do some research for my side.

My focus now is to work out some approaches to the younger children ie. 5-6 years old as I'll be teaching a handful of them. Having taught 2 students for the past weeks, I realize they have short concentration span, and require most of my attention. It will be quite unfair to the older sibling or student who attends the class with them. Hence I plan to spend more 'quality' time with them to help instill their interests. So parents, please bear with me as I try out different things with your children as I hope to find the most effective and enjoyable way to help them learn to play piano. For children of this age range, the last thing to do is to push them for exam and force them to play. They should really be playing with the piano, not letting the piano examine them :)

Have a blessed day folks!

0 comments: